Welcome to the CWCA —
Just a reminder ALL volunteers (paid and unpaid) including coaches and board members need the following clearances.
- PA State Police (PSP) Criminal History Check: https://epatch.state.pa.us
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance: www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- DHS FBI Clearance:
- Enter your zip code into the box labeled Find the nearest IndentoGO center.
- Select the location most convenient to you.
- Click Schedule an Appointment located in the blue box on the right-hand side of the page. An appointment is not required but is recommended.
- Click on Digital Fingerprinting on the lower left side of the page.
- Enter the code: 1KG6ZJ (this is for volunteers)
- Follow the remaining prompts to complete the scheduling and payment.
- For any additional IDEMIA registration, processing or billing questions, please contact IDEMIA/IndentoGo at 1-844-321-2101
- Once the above documents are obtained, they should be uploaded on the CWCA website. http://www.cwcasports.org/
- Volunteer Background-Check - Documentation Upload Form
- All volunteers should also complete the following form which can also be found on the CWCA website. CWCA Mandated Reporter Information Sheet
Join Us ... !
We have one in-person meeting a year in February and 3 online meetings a year via email.
Questions about the CWCA may directed to the board at email@example.com
About us: The Conrad Weiser Community Association (CWCA) offers local youth sports clubs (and potentially other, community service organizations) a legal corporate framework for protection and support, by allowing them to share our official corporate name and government-approved tax-exempt status. Member Clubs enjoy the collective support and shared resources of a larger enterprise, while still maintaining complete autonomy over the management of their coaches, teams, players and volunteers. CWCA Member Clubs control their own registration process and handle their own fund-raising; they also have access to user-friendly web-based tools for collecting member data, registration fees, and club/team/player management functions. For a small fee of $3 per player per year, CWCA handles financial reporting and includes all member clubs in their Directors & Officers (D&O) Insurance Policy. CWCA Members also share information about fundraising and player, coach or parental concerns in order to mitigate risk of conflicts that may cross over between different youth sports clubs in the Conrad Weiser Area School District and the surrounding community.
( From the BY-LAWS Of the CONRAD WEISER COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION, INC. )
ARTICLE I - OFFICES/PURPOSE
The primary purpose of this Association is to support and improve community programs in the Conrad Weiser [Area] School District through private funding.
The secondary purpose of this Association is to provide the minimum framework/guidelines necessary for the operation of each Member Youth Program (see Appendix D, Definitions). The minimum framework/guidelines address the following:
- Child Protection guidelines
- Financial Reporting by this Association and by each Member Youth Program.
- Insurance requirements for players and volunteers and general liability.
- Requesting Use of Facilities Reporting fundraising plans and monies collected.
- Provide tax exemption status for purchase of equipment and supplies.
- Code of Conduct
Please feel free to download any of the following PDF documents to learn more about our organization and its goals...