CWLSFA COACHING CONDUCT AGREEMENT
I hereby understand and agree to the following:
- Safety First! Ensure all equipment is working properly. Player Safety is priority #1, use caution and common sense prior to allowing an injured Player to return to the field.
- Remember that children participate to have fun and that the sport is the benefit of the children, rather than to satisfy the desire(s) or measurements of adults.
- I will learn the rules and safety guidelines of the sport and the General Policies and League Rules of CWLSFA.
- I understand I will be required to help out where and when needed during Team related functions.
- I will practice good sportsmanship and set a good example for players and spectators:
- a. Arguments among Coaches in front of players and spectators will not be tolerated.
- b. Any Unsportsmanlike conduct towards an Official, Coach, Player or Spectator is unacceptable.
- 6. Keep control of your players at all times, dangerous/unsafe behavior is prohibited.
- CWLSFA requires all Coaches to ensure that Players treat other Players, Coaches, Officials and Spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
- Winning and Losing teaches valuable lessons, however Effort is priceless. Praise or correct the Effort, doni?t focus on the outcome of the game.
- I will never ridicule or criticize any players for making a mistake or losing a game. Constructive Criticism is the only accepted method of Coaching CWLSFA Players.
- By accepting the position of Head Coach/Asst Head Coach/Asst Coach I understand the following:
- a. I will conduct myself Professionally at all times. Remember everyone is watching.
- b. Coaching is not a social event. Participate in all practice/game drills and functions.
- c. I will coach all players equally.
- Head Coaches are responsible for the behavior of their staff. If a concern arises within the coaching staff; address the issue and resolve it. If the concern continues to be a problem the Head Coach should report the problem to the Coaching Committee for further review. Concerns involving a Spectator/Parent or Player should be resolved by the Head Coach. If the concern continues to be a problem, the Head Coach should report the problem to the Executive Board directly.
I understand that if I fail to abide by this agreement I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but will not be limited to the following:
- 1st Offense Verbal Warning Issued by the Head Coach.
- 2nd Offense Written Warning followed by a Suspension Issued by the Coaching Committee.
- 3rd Offense Written Warning followed by a Season Suspension or Expulsion from the League - Issued by the Executive Board.
COACHING PRE-REQUISITE REQUIREMENTS
An Application and all Pre-requisite Requirements must be completed before you will be permitted on the Practice/Game field.
- Completed current year Pennsylvania Background Check which can be obtained at https://opportunities.averity.com/cwlsf. Click this link or type it into your URL/Address bar on your Web Browsing program (i.e. Internet Explorer, Modzilla or Firefox). You will need a credit card to complete the transaction.
- a) Visit the web site.
- b) Follow the Instructions provided.
- c) Each Background Check you request will be $12 dollars.
- d) A credit card is required.
- Copy of a Valid PA Drivers License.
- Signed Application along with any copies of special certifications.
- Signed Coaches Conduct Agreement.
- Signed General Policy and League Rules.
The above documentation must be completed and turned in at either of the mandatory Coaches meeting you choose to attend. The coaches meetings will be held twice, you are required to attend one.